cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob question. How to change the css for the blocks-elements found in LUMA categories?

SOLVED

Noob question. How to change the css for the blocks-elements found in LUMA categories?

Im all new... so bare with me.

I wanna create a block with pictures for a Category - same as followed with the Luma theme.

When I go to the block I can see HTML and class tags ..

example <div class="blocks-promo"><a class="block-promo mens-main" 

So the class tags is used to get the text on top of the pictures. 

And with new pictures I need to place the text in different possions, and other size and colors..

Obviously there is some way to enter (and edit) the CSS for the Category blocks - BUT WHERE DO I FIND THE CSS FOR BLOCK-ELEMENTS? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Noob question. How to change the css for the blocks-elements found in LUMA categories?

In Luma Theme they import extra css file into theme (Look Content -> Configuration -> edit -> HTML head -> Scripts and Style Sheets) 
there is code : <link  rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"  media="all" href="{{MEDIA_URL}}styles.css" />
so the correct CSS file is under media folder look in FTP (.. /pub/media/styles.css) 

Hope it helps 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Noob question. How to change the css for the blocks-elements found in LUMA categories?

In Luma Theme they import extra css file into theme (Look Content -> Configuration -> edit -> HTML head -> Scripts and Style Sheets) 
there is code : <link  rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"  media="all" href="{{MEDIA_URL}}styles.css" />
so the correct CSS file is under media folder look in FTP (.. /pub/media/styles.css) 

Hope it helps 

Yes it did help.. thanx