cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porto theme v4.0 significant structural and design changes

Porto theme v4.0 significant structural and design changes

Hi all.

I have just upgraded my Porto theme for Magento to version 4.0. 

According to Smartwave, their Porto theme for Magento had significant structural & design changes implemented for v4.0 of the code.

They say "you may experience some problems after theme upgrade. You need to update your prior customization according to Porto's new structure" but then don't provide any support details on what the new structure is, what changes have therefore been made since the previous version and the kind of impact you may see when upgrading.

What they said is true as I have various parts of my development website now broken - including the homepage, header, layered navigation and a number of other smaller CSS issues.

Does anyone have any documentation or know of any articles that could help me out here. It is frustrating not to see any information on the specifics of the changes they have made and it will mean I have lots of work to do.....to try and tease bits out from a blank page starting point.

Many thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Porto theme v4.0 significant structural and design changes

Hello @andrew_kitchen 

If you are looking for a user guide for Porto theme v4.0 for Magento 2, the theme developers offer extensive documentation to help you get started. Here are some of the resources that you can use:

• Documentation:
    • The Porto v4.0 documentation provides detailed instructions on how to install, configure, and customize the theme. You can find the documentation on the Porto website or in the theme package that you download.
  • Video Tutorials:
    • The Porto team also offers a series of video tutorials that cover different aspects of the theme. These tutorials are especially helpful for beginners who want to learn how to use the theme.
  • Support:
    • If you encounter any issues while using the theme, you can contact the Porto support team for assistance. They offer support via email, live chat, and a support ticket system.
  • Community:
    • You can also join the Porto community to connect with other users and get advice and tips on using the theme. The community forum is a great place to ask questions and share your experiences with the theme.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Re: Porto theme v4.0 significant structural and design changes

@johnwebdes40a5 

Thanks for your reply. So yes, I am aware of most the support you mention but to be honest none of it has been helpful to ascertain why particular elements are broken - i.e. what the structural changes were to enable upgrading users to make the required changes and get on with life.

Can you give me a signpost to the Porto Community you mentioned? I haven't found that.

Many thanks in advance.