@starlyns there is a simple and clear solution for your case:
1) Add "Shipping Type" custom attribute to your Magento (you probably have one already)
2) Add "Jewelry" as one of the values for your Shipping Type attribute
3) Map your jewelry products in the catalog with "Jewelry" shipping type
4) Set your Free Shipping option
5) Set a Shipping Rule for "Free Shipping" to make it available only when "Jewelry" shipping type is in cart
This could be easily done with Calcurates which works with any Magento custom attribute as a condition for your shipping rules. You've mentioned "jewelry" as a product category. In that case, there is no need to create a shipping type attribute as we support categories as a rule condition too.