1. I defined very simple, test custom theme that doesn't have any ancestors and files for now.
Only stuff in the folder are:
- Media folder with theme preview image
2. Then, attach it in admin panel to one of web sites. The web site has fr_FR locale set up.
3. Run setup:static-content:deploy fr_FR
4. Both themes luma and blank are re-generated for fr_FR in pub/static/frontend, but not my theme
Why is it so?
1. Lack of folder structure?
2. Lack for ancestor??
Any help much appriciated. Thanks!
Right, I found the solution. I accidentally removed pub/static/.htaccess which is pretty important when requested file is not found. It redirects to script that generates it for you.
Keep all you .htaccess in place