cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change/resize the logo from Magento admin after installing a custom theme.

Unable to change/resize the logo from Magento admin after installing a custom theme.

I'm unable to change/resize the logo from Magento admin after installing a custom theme. I was finally able to change the logo by putting the .jpg file in pub/media/logo/, but facing issues in resizing the logo(175px * 45p*). I changed/added logo dimensions in /app/design/frontend///layout/default.xml but even that is not working.

<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body>
        <referenceBlock name="logo">
            <arguments>
                <argument name="logo_file" xsi:type="string">images/logo.png</argument>
                <argument name="logo_img_width" xsi:type="number">417</argument>
                <argument name="logo_img_height" xsi:type="number">195</argument>
            </arguments>
        </referenceBlock>
    </body>
</page>

Also I'm not able to disable demo store notice from magento admin.

Any workaround for this?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Unable to change/resize the logo from Magento admin after installing a custom theme.

Hello @Ganesh vernekar ,

You can change/resize the logo by using admin panel. Go to 

Content->configuration->click on edit button on your theme ->Under header upload the required logo ->Put required width and length in  logo attribute width and logo attribute length respectively. 

Save the Settings and clean cache!

Hope it helps!

Kudos and accept as solution if it works for you

Re: Unable to change/resize the logo from Magento admin after installing a custom theme.

Hello @Kashif Farooq,

For more information, please follow following reference url.

https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/design/demo-notice.html

Thanks!! Binod

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

I tried this many times but not getting disabled

I tried this but no progress. I was able to change the logo before installing the theme.

Hello @Ganesh vernekar ,

Theme configuration setting is stored in core_config_data, it may be possible that cache didn't allow your setting to change your front end.
To flush the cache from admin please go to admin section and then
System -> Tool -> Cache Management -> Select all cache type and then select Refersh and click submit button.
Also try to flush the magento cache.
I hope this will work for you. If still you face same issue, please let me know.
If it helps you, please select it as solution and give kudos.
Regards

Hi, even flushing the cache didn't work for me.

Hello @Ganesh vernekar 

Please try this link

https://community.magento.com/t5/Magento-2-x-Technical-Issues/Magento-2-3-0-Can-t-upload-logo-img/m-...

I hope it will help you.

If it help you, please accept it as solution and give kudos.

Regards

Just add these two lines: SecRuleEngine On
SecRuleEngine Off to the .htacess and everything was resolved.
I think this happens when you don't have access to apace.
It is very necessary to remove it once editing is finished for security.