cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

installing a theme

SOLVED

installing a theme

i don't get it. why did they choose to make it so difficult to install a theme but yet claim it is user friendly? When I get a theme and I see install on the right there, what is that? Is the only way to install a theme is to somehow php to my store? Theres got to be a different way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: installing a theme

Hi @christoph_york 

Yes i agree with your, its bit technical you will require to have knowledge of few commands and you will require to setup a file permissions and all.

But if you are installing a premium theme - then as per my knowledge it coming with the quickstart guide - where you just need to put that quickstart guide in to the root folder and do simple installation steps, give database details and all.

It will automatically installed Magento and its theme with quick demos as well.

For this you can raise a ticket on your theme providers portal as well. 

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

now what I do not understand is how or why there would be so many errors after initial installation. I finally figured out after an hour how to install a theme and every php test failed. I installed it and touched nothing. Waste of time, going to uninstall it and install woocomerce, at least i know that works

Hello @christoph_york 

So you have purchased any premium theme and try to installed it on Magento 2 ?

That's the operation you are trying to achieve ?

off course it is user friendly if we are little bit aware about the process, let me know what issue are you facing, happy to help to resolve that. 

all i am trying to do is install a theme and that is by far the farthest thing from user friendly

And from what I gather Magento does not work out of the box?

Hi @christoph_york 

Yes i agree with your, its bit technical you will require to have knowledge of few commands and you will require to setup a file permissions and all.

But if you are installing a premium theme - then as per my knowledge it coming with the quickstart guide - where you just need to put that quickstart guide in to the root folder and do simple installation steps, give database details and all.

It will automatically installed Magento and its theme with quick demos as well.

For this you can raise a ticket on your theme providers portal as well. 

Hope it helps !

so is this right normal right after a install?

Untitled.png

Hello @christoph_york 

No this is not a normal , you need to do readiness check before installing any theme - it will showcase you error from at the time of installation only.

So you will require to prepare technology stack based on the readiness check and then install a theme so you won't face any issue.

lets make sure you fully understand, i installed Magento using installatron found in cpanel, I clicked the admin link, browsed and went to change theme,  I went to Magento marketplace and tried to figure out how to install theme and literally moments after the install i fail the check. makes no sense but literally one full hour after dealing with the theme and now this i have uninstalled and literally from the moments i wrote that to the moment you responded i installed wordpress, woocommerce, changed the theme and started to add products, 10 minutes tops. Don't claim to be the best ecommerce and dont claim to be user friendly. Thanks for your help, i guess.

Hello @christoph_york 

I understand your concern, Agree with you on woocommerce part - but both platform have there own capabilities and their own advantage and dis-advantage.

Based on my experience with E-commerce i would say we need to choose a platform based on our requirement if it fits perfectly and we don't require to do customization then we need to adapt that platform only.

Understood your issue, anyways happy to help and keep helping others Smiley Happy