cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Filter to magento 2 category product collection

Re: Add Filter to magento 2 category product collection

Hi,
I have a same case and need to filter by sku so I used addAttribuuteToFilter and given SKU. The results are proper but pagination &toolbar not working properly.

I have 12 products on site
After applying filters I can see 11 products.
Now the behavior should be first 10 products should be on page 1 and last product should be on page2.
But it is showing 9 products on page 1 & 2 products on page 2.

Can anyone help me to resolve this ?

Thanks in advanced !
- Prashant

Hi..
@sanjaypatel653
I am trying the same solution with attribute sku but I am facing same issue with pagination. Is there any difference if I use entity_id instead of sku ? Will it solve my pagination problem ?

Please help

Thanks in advanced !
- Prashant

Hello Community, 
I got the solution of this problem. I am not sure if it is wrong or right but it is working fine for me. 

We need to override "Magento\CatalogSearch\Model\ResourceModel\Fulltext\Collection" for this. and you can add your custom filter to "addFieldToFilter" function. If you do this, then your pagination and actual product count will be proper. 

I hope this will be helpful for others. Let me know if you found any other way. Kudos if it solves your problem. 

Why give the example using core files? Why not be helpful and show what everyone is looking for? The required steps to override the core.....???