cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Service Charges?

Adding Service Charges?

My boss has tasked me with investigating solutions for the following 'wants', and after looking through the Marketplace I'm at a bit of a loss and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction (assuming any such module exists).

(1) The ability to attach service charges / extra fees to the product page

For example, one of our products requires a specialized piece of equipment to produce so we charge a fee of $X to any order for this product.  It doesn't matter if you order 1 of them or 10,000 the fee is flat.  But we want to make sure our customers are aware that this charge exists and why. Another product allows the user to choose one of two production methods, each with similar one-time setup fees.

(2) The ability to display a breakdown of costs BEFORE the user hits "Add to Cart"

The default behavior of Magento is to show the single-unit cost of an item based on its product options.  I'd like to find a way to show a breakdown that displayed that alongside the applicable service fees (mentioned above) and whatever the Cost*QTY would be.

I'm not sure if a module or set of modules exists that would offer this functionality or if I need to start looking at quotes for custom module development but I would appreciate any insight this community has to offer.

To clarify, this would be for Magento Community Edition 2.1.3