cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After creation of child theme am getting error in magento 2 ?

After creation of child theme am getting error in magento 2 ?

Hi guys,

I created a child theme. in the time of deployment am getting the below error, 

can anyone guide me ?

[Magento\Framework\Exception\FileSystemException]                                                                                                                                                      

Cannot read contents from file "/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/naturals/pub/static/frontend/Sm2/maximum2/en_US/css/email-fonts.css" Warning!file_get_contents(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/naturals/pub/stati 

c/frontend/Sm2/maximum2/en_US/css/email-fonts.css): failed to open stream: No such file or directory                                                                                                   

3 REPLIES 3

Re: After creation of child theme am getting error in magento 2 ?

Hi,

Its file permission error. Please run the commands in terminal as a sudo user,

chmod -R 777 var/ pub/ generated/

Thanks!!

hi , i ran the below command but still getting same error.

sudo chmod -R 777 var/ pub/ generated/

Hi,

Did you try to change the parent theme for the second time after creation of the child theme? 

If so, the 'theme' table will not update automatically. you should update the 'parent_id' in the 'theme' table and then run the commands in terminal.

Thanks!!