cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assembled Products Magento 2

Assembled Products Magento 2

Magento features a number of products types but im failing to fin the one that I need.

We sell machines that are composed from various simple products. Each machine can come in different colors and sizes so the simple parts inside it will resemble that. Once the basic machine is setup with all the parts options are enabled for it so the user can purchase additional ( not include ) parts to enhance the machines. 

This does not go in either of the current product options Magento has, any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Assembled Products Magento 2

Hi @ayahni,

If you have difference for color and size only, then you should use configurable product. You can use custom options as well with it ( you can keep optional or required). But in custom options you can't manage inventory. For example: tshirt has many colors and sizes.

If your product assembled using many simple product then you should use bundle product. For example: computer (ram, cpu, screen size etc).

Let me know if you have any questions.

For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ee/user_guide/catalog/product-types.html

I hope it will help you!

Thans Vimal for your prompt replay but as I said none of the current product types would work.

The simple parts that assembly the machine should not displayed and and are not user selected, this barebones are our design but the NEED to be made from simple products as we need to track inventory accordingly, this most commonly be called a Composite Variant if you like.

I think you can test once with bundle product.

Thanks Vimal

I have already tried every scenario. Bundle Products lets you sell simple products together , even if this sounds like that same thing im asking for its not.

Let's say I have SKU1. This SKU is compassed by 2x SKU2 , 1xSKU3 and so on. This are part of SKU1 and not shown to the customer. All those together will build a product with a sum of parts as cost and have its own unique price. To that I would add options so the customer can select other items that go with it.

This could solve your problem. I am using this also for assembling products.

https://www.mageworx.com/magento-2-advanced-product-options-suite.html