Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change product status of products added from API in admin area

SOLVED

Can't change product status of products added from API in admin area

Basically the issue is
when the product is added through the API

changing it's status(enabled/disabled) on the product page in the backend does nothing
it saves the enabled/disabled switch status but when you look on the product grid in the backend it always stays the same

it works from the grid though. if i change its status in the grid i seem to be able to change the status on the product page again

is there a permanent solution to this?

i've just upgraded from 2.1 to latest 2.3 and the issue still seems to persist Smiley Sad

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can't change product status of products added from API in admin area

@roman_polevecko 
Can you tell me that enable/disable status is showing correct on product form in backend?
If yes then it is reindexing issue. Please run magento reindex command.
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Also if you can set indexes to Update on save till you are in development phase then this issue will not occur.Screenshot_2019-04-19_17-33-10.png

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

Hi @roman_polevecko 

Product grid also shows the default store view status. It might be possible that your product has store wise entries for status field. Try to edit product status for specific storeviews then check again.

If my answer is useful Click kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

at the moment I'm just choosing all enabled / disabled products from grid and setting and setting their existing status to be that of it so they can become editable again in the backend

@roman_polevecko 
Can you tell me that enable/disable status is showing correct on product form in backend?
If yes then it is reindexing issue. Please run magento reindex command.
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Also if you can set indexes to Update on save till you are in development phase then this issue will not occur.Screenshot_2019-04-19_17-33-10.png

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @roman_polevecko 

Product grid also shows the default store view status. It might be possible that your product has store wise entries for status field. Try to edit product status for specific storeviews then check again.

If my answer is useful Click kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks guys!
It seems my error was appearing when products were edited from API.

It would change the attribute name from manufacturer to Manufacturer which would cause all sort of errors.