cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete block from Magento 2 homepage

Can't delete block from Magento 2 homepage

I'm working on Magento 2 website that somebody developed before me. The website has Ultimo Theme. I'm trying to remove a block with a slider on the top of the home page. In the Ultime guide that block is referenced as "preface" static block (it's located below the navbar and right above the page content). The actual block has CSS class "slideshow-wrapper-additional", but in the Admin Page in Content -> Blocks there is no block with such name.

So, should I remove using the Admin Panel or the direct connection via ftp/ssh?

I have Magento 2.2.9 and Ultimo Theme 2.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Can't delete block from Magento 2 homepage

Hi @sergey_sherstob,

Try the below solution to find out the block content.

Enable 'Enabled Template Path Hints for Storefront' and 'Add Block Names to Hints'.

You can enable path hints and block hints by logging into the admin interface and going to:

Stores > Configuration > Advanced > Developer > Debug

I hope it will help you!

Thank you! That will help a lot! Though I have a question: I see the list of all templates file names. Am I allowed to edit those files directly? Is it going to break Magento framework? I attached the screenshot

screenshot.png

I've figured out the solution though. I actually was not attentive enough when looking to Content -> Blocks, so I looked again more carefully and found the block needed.