cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog search returns empty when searching a product name containing numbers and characters

Catalog search returns empty when searching a product name containing numbers and characters

Hi,

I have product names like ' 8" X 6" cards ' they contain measurements i.e. numbers and characters. when I try to search these products on the frontend. the Ajax search returns the product fine and product with that name is displayed in the dropdown but when I try to search it with Mysql search gives "Your search returned no results.". Is there a way to make products with these type of names searchable.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Catalog search returns empty when searching a product name containing numbers and characters

Hi,

I have tested with one item with Special Character and number in Name and the Search Result working fine.
http://prntscr.com/mqoh6b

so please try to reindex with below command from Magento2 root and check again 
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

Thanks

Re: Catalog search returns empty when searching a product name containing numbers and characters

@tajveez_rehman 

I have created some products with this kind of names and tested at my end. I don't have any issue with this kind of products. Until the product visibility is set to 'catalog' only.

So, think you have same configuration for the products in your admin. Go to admin panel and edit these products. Check if the visibility of products is set to 'catalog' change it to 'catalog, Search'. And it will work for you.

Thanks

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos