cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checkout - How to trigger validation on input fields that have been automatically filled?

Checkout - How to trigger validation on input fields that have been automatically filled?

I am building a postcode lookup for Magento 2.4.6' Checkout
I am at the stage where I have a functioning form, lookup, and input field fill. I can choose a postcode, choose and address and it will pre-fill the address fields on Shipping address.

The problem is; when I move the payment screen it says that the auto-filled are still 'required' and throws the error above the fields.

I have tried simulating a keypress event through js to trigger validation - no dice.

I thought this would be the way, except the only input field-sets that get sent through are billing and payment related (these are direct from the layout processor) and no shippingAddress what so ever.

As this point I figured I'd come here and see if anyone has a solid way of triggering form validation on a shipping address that has been pre-filled by a jQuery plugin (I am using getAddress.io) loaded via Require on onepage.phtml. It waits for certain elements to appear before triggering so it loads each time.

Cheers in advance