cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize Absolute Theme? - Which vendor/swissup folders/files to copy to my custom theme??

Customize Absolute Theme? - Which vendor/swissup folders/files to copy to my custom theme??

How do I customize Magento 2.3.3 CE created theme using Swissup's free Absolute theme as parent?!?  Which folder/file(s) need to be copied to my custom theme, and where?!?  

Can anyone PLEASE help me customize the Absolute theme on M2.3.3?  (Softaculous install then manual upgrade to 2.3.3 and manual install of Absolute)

I've been stuck (for weeks!) trying to find the specific folder and config files to copy to my created theme that uses the Absolute as a parent theme (that part works: it inherits, but the positioning of the welcome, signin, create account and newsletter blocks/containers are not moved or are truncated/malformed.

In my custom theme I've tried various folder names, using those found in Magento’s vendor/swissup/theme-frontend-absolute folder, and corresponding composer.json, registration.php and theme.xml files.  None worked.

COMPOSER.json:

{

"name": "swissup/theme-frontend-absolute",

"description": "Absolute Theme for Magento 2",

"keywords": [

"absolute",

. . .

. . .

REGISTRATION.php:

<?php

\Magento\Framework\Component\ComponentRegistrar::register(

\Magento\Framework\Component\ComponentRegistrar::THEME,

'frontend/Swissup/absolute',

__DIR__

);

THEME.xml:

<theme xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:Config/etc/theme.xsd">

<title>Absolute</title>

<parent>Magento/luma</parent>

<media>

. . .

Where I can't get it right is my folder structure and corresponding files, which looks like this at the moment:

app/design/frontend/<vendor_me>/<my_theme>/

|

- Magento_Newsletter

|

-templates -> subscribe_right.phtml

|

- Magento_Theme

|

-layout (empty)

|

- Swissup_Theme-Frontend-Absolute {i’ve tried various namespaces here}

|

-layout -> default.xml

(I don't believe the Magento_.. ones does anything since Absolute is the parent)

Swissup's vendor structure:Swissup Absolute vendor folderSwissup Absolute vendor folder

Can someone instruct me on how to do this?  I would very, very much appreciate it.

11/14/2019:  Any help on this issue?