cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize breadcrumbs on product detail page Magento 2.3.1

Customize breadcrumbs on product detail page Magento 2.3.1

Hello,

I want to customize breadcrum list and I copied breadcrumb.phtml to my custom theme:

/app/design/frontend/xxx/default/Magento_Theme/templates/html

Custom breadcrumbs are shown on category page, but it is not working on product detail page.

Hope you can help me showing customized breadcrumbs also on product page.

Thanks!

Martin

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Customize breadcrumbs on product detail page Magento 2.3.1

Hello @matin73 

I think this is known issue - because showing breadcrumbs on the product page requires a customization.

I am sharing a good thread which helps you to achieve the same - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/228848/breadcrumbs-not-working-on-product-page-magento-2...

Please check and follow the instructions given on the link - it will helps you to resolve the same.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks! But breadcrumbs are showing on product detail page. Only customized template is not working. Magento seems using some other template ... Does your thread also fix this issue?

Martin

Hello @matin73 

Basically this breadcrump specifically on product page coming from - catalog_product_view.xml file

and that refers to breadcrumbs.phtml file as well - so you will require to do changes in that specific phtml file.

I would say refer this link to fix the template issue - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/225370/magento-2-2-4-breadcrumbs-do-not-show-on-product-...

Let me know if i still not understand your point.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thanks. But where is the specific breadcrumbs.phtml located? I have changed

/app/design/frontend/xxx/default/Magento_Theme/templates/html/breadcrumbs.phtml

already - but Magento seems not using this template file for product detail page ...?

Martin

Thanks, but I want some breadcrumbs like this

and in which file should i insert this code

For product detail page, it was generated by js. please take a look at vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/frontend/templates/product/breadcrumbs.phtml

Cuplikan layar dari 2020-01-23 15-47-47.png

and vendor/magento/module-theme/view/frontend/web/templates/breadcrumbs.html

to override content of the breadcrumbs, simply add your template to Magento_Theme/web/templates/breadcrumbs.html inside your themes directory