We have been experimenting with syncing our existing database(not Magento) to Magento 2.0.
In the process we have created over 1000 categories, but then we rearranged all the IDs to sync with our system. The problem is that I can no longer import the new categories as I get the error "URL key for specified store already exists." and we are getting duplicate categories now.
I think the best solution would be to clear them all out and import fresh. I found this tutorial for 1.9
When I look at the new database I notice small differences
1. entity_type_id is in all the old categoriy tables but none of the new ones.
2. new database has an additional table catalog_category_product_index_tmp
My questions are these,
1. can I use that code I found and modify to remove "entity_type_id"
and add TRUNCATE TABLE ` catalog_category_product_index_tmp`;
2. or is there more I need to modify?
3. or can you provide me a clean script to remove all categories?
we only have 1 test product in the system, so no need to worry about them