cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable Client Side Country Validation on checkout

SOLVED

Disable Client Side Country Validation on checkout

hello, every one

I could manage to disable the country field through the checkout_index_index.xml however there is also an extra client side validation which should be also disabled and I don't know how to

Please share your idea on how to do it on the checkout page

thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disable Client Side Country Validation on checkout

I investigated this issue alot and found out that for the client side validation which is handled by shipping.js it should be override a shipping.js override by mixins that worked perfectly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Woshka 

Follow below shared solution link to remove country validation. you have to override core file of magento Model\Customer\Address\Validator\General\

Customer\Model\Address\CompositeValidator in module-customer/etc/di.xml

https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/202866/overriding-model-in-magento2

Manish Mittal
https://www.manishmittal.com/

Hello,

there is a client side validation in addition to the serverside

I have implemented bellow code according to the MAgento2 devdoc but it is not working

I have attached the client side error on the Browser console too

let me know which I have an error in it

I have tried many types of country which none was working

disabled the country_id in the .xml file that has removed it 

<item name="country_id" xsi:type="array">
                                                                    <item name="visible" xsi:type="boolean">false</item>
                                                                    <item name="validation" xsi:type="array">
                                                                            <item name="required-entry" xsi:type="boolean">false</item>
                                                                    </item>
                                                                    <item name="config" xsi:type="array">
                                                                        <item name="componentDisabled" xsi:type="boolean">true</item>
                                                                    </item>
                                                                </item>
namespace MaroonHost\CheckoutPageModification\Plugin\Frontend\Magento\Checkout\Block\Checkout;

class LayoutProcessor
{

public function aroundProcess(
        \Magento\Checkout\Block\Checkout\LayoutProcessor $subject,
        \Closure $proceed,
            $jsLayout
    ) {

$result = $proceed($jsLayout);
        //$ret = $proceed($jsLayout);
        unset($result['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['shipping-step']
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['company']);
        unset($result['components']['checkout']['children']['steps']['children']['shipping-step']
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['country_id']);
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['countryid']);
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['countryId']);
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['countryiD']);
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['country_Id']);
            ['children']['shippingAddress']['children']['shipping-address-fieldset']['children']['country']);
//            return $ret;
//        //Your plugin code

return $result;
    }
}

2020-05-05_20-15-39.png2020-05-05_20-15-55.png

I investigated this issue alot and found out that for the client side validation which is handled by shipping.js it should be override a shipping.js override by mixins that worked perfectly