I'm trying to integrate my e-commerce (www.kingoflenses.com) with the e-commerce funcionalities of Google Analytics, but I guess I'm doing something wrong: I can see the info on Analytics, but the e-commerce part doesn't show anything.
First I tried to just configure things in Analytics and enable it in the "google api" part. Evertything works, minus the e-commerce part.
Then I tried some modules ("google tag manager plus" and stuff like that), but it didn't work as well.
I'm confused about the data layer, etc. Is it supposed to be automatic (I'm using Magento 1.8), if the Analytics is working? I even tried to upload the script to success.phtml, but nothing happened.
Please, can somebody help me? I'm frying my head here haha
Adding enhanced eCommerce to GA is really hard and in most cases it requires some knowledge in coding.
- If you use GA, you will need to customize its code and add to your site e (not only change some settings in GA profile).
- if you use Google Tag Manager, you will have to create Data Layers yourself as they are not applied automatically.
You can google some tutorials that might help.
Thanks for any help you can give.
I wanted to clarify on a few things as I don't find a definitive answer:
1) For basic GA ecommerce tracking in magento 220.127.116.11 is it necessary to do any code amendments, beyond just putting the GA indicator in the configuration settings? If so, what?
2) For enhanced ecommerce settings, how is that done?
1) For basic GA enhanced eCommerce tracking you just need to install your GA code and enable enhanced eCommerce in your GA account settings.
2) For more enhanced eCommerce data, you'll need some coding. For example, here is a guide on how to do that via Google Tag Manager and DataLayer - https://developers.google.com/tag-manager/enhanced-ecommerce
But I would stick to the first variant and move to the second one if there is a real need for that.