cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi! is it possible to add the advanced search to the front-page?

Hi! is it possible to add the advanced search to the front-page?

Hi! is it possible to add the advanced search to the main content of the front-page?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi! is it possible to add the advanced search to the front-page?

Hi @klockornu, which advanced search are you referring to? On the forums?

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical

What i can see there is only one advanced search on magento /catalogsearch/advanced/

So is that possible to add this one to front-page. Index page. I already manage to copy the html from the advanced search and add to my front-page but i wonder if there is some other option?

Yes possible to include advanced search form into home page just follow below step.

Copy below code into home page Design tab. (CMS >> Pages, Edit home page and go into design tab).

<reference name="head">
            <action method="setTitle" translate="title" module="catalogsearch"><title>Advanced Search</title></action>
            <action method="addItem"><type>js_css</type><name>calendar/calendar-win2k-1.css</name><params/><!--<if/><condition>can_load_calendar_js</condition>--></action>
            <action method="addItem"><type>js</type><name>calendar/calendar.js</name><!--<params/><if/><condition>can_load_calendar_js</condition>--></action>
            <action method="addItem"><type>js</type><name>calendar/calendar-setup.js</name><!--<params/><if/><condition>can_load_calendar_js</condition>--></action>
        </reference>

<reference name="content">
            <block type="catalogsearch/advanced_form" name="catalogsearch_advanced_form" template="catalogsearch/advanced/form.phtml"/>
            <block type="core/html_calendar" name="html_calendar" as="html_calendar" template="page/js/calendar.phtml"/>
        </reference>

Good luck Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.