cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Magento 2's GraphQL implementation parse Schema Directives?

How does Magento 2's GraphQL implementation parse Schema Directives?

So in my company we're stuck with Magento 1 (and will be for at least a few more years) and we're using its SOAP API for our internal systems, but we're facing the issue of slowness and duplicate endpoints for returning different set of data.

As a result, I'm currently experimenting with a GraphQL extension for M1 using the `webonyx/graphql-php` package and I want to make it usable in other different extensions, and since Magento 2 already has GraphQL support I was using it as a resource to learn how it's implemented, so far I'm really liking it and I understood a lot, but It's been a few days already that I'm stuck in directives parsing. I know that M2 "stitches" the `schema.graphqls` of all modules and parses it as a one schema (in `lib/internal/Magento/Framework/GraphQlSchemaStitching/GraphQlReader.php`), but I can not find any code that looks to be parsing the directives. Right now I'm getting a `Unknown directive "<directive name>"` error which makes sense, but I wanna know how it is implemented in M2 before trying my own way. I would appreciate if any one can help or guide me to the direction where I should be looking.

Thanks in advance