cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move layered navigation below category discription block on sidebar.

SOLVED

How to move layered navigation below category discription block on sidebar.

I want to move the layered navigation block (filter results block) below my category description on my sidebar. Nothing I'm doing seems to be working, so I must be missing something.

Here's what I have in catalog_category_view.xml

<referenceContainer name="sidebar.main">
  <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\View" name="category.cms" template="Magento_Catalog::category/cms.phtml"/>
  <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\View" name="category.description" template="Magento_Catalog::category/description.phtml" before="-" />
  <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\Category" name="catalog.leftnav" after="category.cms" template="layer/view.phtml">
    <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\State" name="catalog.navigation.state" as="state" />
    <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\FilterRenderer" name="catalog.navigation.renderer" as="renderer" template="layer/filter.phtml"/>
  </block>
</referenceContainer>

I don't see anywhere else that needs updated to make this change. Any and all help is appreciated.

5 REPLIES

Re: How to move layered navigation below category discription block on sidebar.

Hi @AmagArtwork,

Have you tried the "<move>" tag? Here is an example:

<move element="catalog.leftnav" destination="category.product.list.additional" before="-"/>

Best regards.

Gabriel

If my answer was useful, please give "Kudos" to this post.
If my answer helps you to resolve the problem, click on "Accept as Solution".

You are awesome Cat Happy. Adjusting your example to where I needed things to go worked wonders.

@AmagArtwork, you're welcome!

I'm glad that you were able to resolve the problem.

If my answer was useful, please give "Kudos" to this post.
If my answer helps you to resolve the problem, click on "Accept as Solution".

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright © 2015 Magento. All rights reserved.
 * See COPYING.txt for license details.
 */
-->
<page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" layout="2columns-left" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd">
    <body>
		<referenceContainer name="sidebar.main">
		  <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\View" name="category.cms" template="Magento_Catalog::category/cms.phtml"/>
		  <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Category\View" name="category.description" template="Magento_Catalog::category/description.phtml" before="-" />
		  <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\Category" name="catalog.leftnav" after="category.cms" template="layer/view.phtml">
		  <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\State" name="catalog.navigation.state" as="state" />
		  <block class="Magento\LayeredNavigation\Block\Navigation\FilterRenderer" name="catalog.navigation.renderer" as="renderer" template="layer/filter.phtml"/>
		  </block>
</referenceContainer>
<move element="catalog.leftnav" destination="category.product.list.additional" before="-"/>
	</body>
</page>

i wrote the same code in file C:\wamp64\www\mag_215\app\code\Emizentech\ShopByBrand\view\frontend\layout\catlog_catagory_view.xml but its not working .it shows filters and all the atrributes .also search process is not workingCapture.PNG

i mean when i click on specific attribute like category or price .it is not showing expected result