cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send shipment related information via SOAP to third party courier service?

SOLVED

How to send shipment related information via SOAP to third party courier service?

Dear senior Magento developers,

I’m new to Magento 2 and wanted to develop a custom shipping module for my company,

I’m working for a courier/shipping company where they want to develop custom extensions and modules for few available E commerce platforms.

One of such is Magento 2.

I have studied how to create custom modules for Magento 2. And I also have followed few tutorials on how to develop custom shipping modules. So far I have managed to create one for the company.

But the thing I got stuck on is how to create shipments from my module to our company system through SOAP. My company maintain a WSDL to create shipments.

I have implemented required methods (getAllowedMethods() and collectRates()) as those tutorials which I followed before. It works fine.

I managed to create an observer for the event of ‘sales_order_shipment_save_after’ and when that event occurs I call my model class method to execute to send SOAP request. It works fine with dummy data.

But the issue is I do not know how to get and send shipping related information when that event Is occurred for that particular order.

This is where I need your guidelines to solve it.

Kindly guide me on how to do this.

Thanks in advance

Roshan Ruzaik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to send shipment related information via SOAP to third party courier service?

Ok,

After some more experiments and research I have figured out how to implement this.

I first created an observer for ‘sales_order_shipment_save_after’ event.

And in my observer class I invoke my custom function by passing observer object as a parameter.

In my function I using the observer object I get and assign required shipment information which then forms and sends SOAP requests with order information.

I used Magento’s Zend SOAP client for this.

I hope this steps would help someone who are also facing the same issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: How to send shipment related information via SOAP to third party courier service?

Ok,

After some more experiments and research I have figured out how to implement this.

I first created an observer for ‘sales_order_shipment_save_after’ event.

And in my observer class I invoke my custom function by passing observer object as a parameter.

In my function I using the observer object I get and assign required shipment information which then forms and sends SOAP requests with order information.

I used Magento’s Zend SOAP client for this.

I hope this steps would help someone who are also facing the same issue.