cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have a offline store and want to update magento's inventory from my offline store

SOLVED

I have a offline store and want to update magento's inventory from my offline store

I have an offline store using L-POS, and want to have my online inventory reflect the actual current stock we have in the offline store. I do not need this to be a script or automatic, I just want to know what information I need to import and export in order to have the inventory update. Another thing is not everything in our offline store is sold online, so I only want the items that are sold online to update, and I don't want it to add every product that isn't online when I import.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: I have a offline store and want to update magento's inventory from my offline store

Hi @olivemarket 

Well, That's true you will require to do integration with your L-POS system and Magento.

Integration can be done on two ways :

1. Real-Time integration (API based)
  2. CSV based import/export based

If your system don't have API to update the stock then you should go with the second option CSV based import/export.

Where in just export the product csv file from the system->export - or go to system->import - select the product and download the sample file

In that you will find product_sku, qty and all the fields which you would like to import - here if you are just looking to update the inventory then minimal fields will work for you.

Also if all products are not sold on the online then from the L-POS give the filters (Online) export those products make csv compatible to Magento and import it.

It will works for you - Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I have a offline store and want to update magento's inventory from my offline store

Hi @olivemarket 

Well, That's true you will require to do integration with your L-POS system and Magento.

Integration can be done on two ways :

1. Real-Time integration (API based)
  2. CSV based import/export based

If your system don't have API to update the stock then you should go with the second option CSV based import/export.

Where in just export the product csv file from the system->export - or go to system->import - select the product and download the sample file

In that you will find product_sku, qty and all the fields which you would like to import - here if you are just looking to update the inventory then minimal fields will work for you.

Also if all products are not sold on the online then from the L-POS give the filters (Online) export those products make csv compatible to Magento and import it.

It will works for you - Hope it helps !

Thank you, i will try this

Hi @olivemarket 

Sure, let me know if its work for you or not or if you need any further help on the same.

If it works then please accept solution and close the thread so other user gets helped on the same !

Hope it helps !