cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect tax calculations

Incorrect tax calculations

Hi,

I know this issue has been going on a while, but there doesnt seem to be a fix.

I am running Magento 2.3.3-p1 and my prices are entered excluding tax. These prices (and all product info) get imported using a plugin, so entering prices including tax cannot be done without modifying that plugin which is not ideal.

When a product is added to my cart, in this example we will use £8.00 inc VAT, adding a quantity of 1 is fine, but adding a quantity of 2 then displays the price as £8.01 and the total cost of £16.01. I understand why this is happening (£6.67 * 1.2 = £8.004, rounded to 2dp is £8.00, but £8.004 x 2 = £16.008 so is rounded up to £16.01 at 2dp).

This is not ideal, while nobody has complained about having to pay an extra few pence, it doesnt look very professional and "Thats just the way Magento is" isnt really a valid excuse.

I have set to work out the tax by unit, but have tested with row and total too with no change. Surely unit should make this right? I understand using row may lead to an incorrect amount.

I am looking to fix this without having to modify the import plugin (as i shouldnt need to) and still be able to display prices including and excluding VAT.

Thanks,

Alex