cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add a Customer Group filter to the newsletter subscribers in magento 2.4.6

Is it possible to add a Customer Group filter to the newsletter subscribers in magento 2.4.6

It seems as if the built-in newsletter feature of Magento 2.4.6 is missing a pretty major filter.  The ability to separate the subscribers by different customer groups so that an appropriate/targeted newsletter would be so helpful.  I wouldn't want to send the same email to my regular retail customers as I would to my wholesale customers.  Another option would be if in the customer export file, there was a column for "subscribed".  Just some way to export newsletter subscribers with the group id would be sufficient too.

If anyone knows how to add this or of an extension with this already built in, that would be great.  

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Is it possible to add a Customer Group filter to the newsletter subscribers in magento 2.4.6

Hello @keystoneke3419 

It is possible to implement this functionality by either customizing Magento or using an extension.

Custom Development

You can achieve this functionality by extending the Magento newsletter grid to include a customer group filter. This would involve modifying the Newsletter Subscribers grid and adding a customer group column and filter.

Step 1: Create a custom module to extend the Magento Newsletter functionality.

Step 2: Add the Customer Group as a new column in the Newsletter Subscribers grid.

Step 3: Join the customer_entity and customer_group tables with the newsletter_subscriber table to retrieve customer group information.

Step 4: Add the filter functionality to the grid to allow filtering by customer group.

Hope it helps !

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789