cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Machine Development Environment

Local Machine Development Environment

Hello all,

This is my first community post, one of hopefully many.  My organization has just begun to use Magento.  I need to help my dev team get their local development environments set up.  We are currently taking the development essentials class and are getting by using Bitnami.  However, this setup I don't think will be sustainable for project work especially since Bitnami is a 2.2 setup and we will be going live with 2.3.

When I have asked around a bit the answer seems to be - develop on Mac.  Well, all of my devs have Windows machines and a wholesale switch to Mac is not going to happen for time and budgetary reasons.

So, what is considered the best/de facto setup for local development on windows and is there a good set of instructions on doing that setup?

Thanks for the help.

Troy

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Local Machine Development Environment

Hi @Kavitha Mano 

Am having the XAMPP in my Windows machine with the latest version. After downloading codebase from the Github and tried to launch. Am getting a setup screen with no install option.

magento.JPG

Tried to clone the repo. Still the same issue. Somehow the screenshot is not getting uploaded here and is replaced by a placeholders image. Not sure why.

Any inputs will be absolutely appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mohammed

Re: Local Machine Development Environment

Hi @troy_schenk 

kindly refer below link :
https://www.mageplaza.com/kb/how-to-install-magento-2.html

It may help you to setup Magento2 project.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!