cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3 Editing / upgrading the advanced search form (custom attributes)

Magento 2.3 Editing / upgrading the advanced search form (custom attributes)

Hello people!

Before anything, I have been learning Magento 2 by myself for about 4-5 months, so I am not even an amateur, please if you will, explain the answer in details because I really want to learn Magento itself more.

So after succesfully importing a whole bunch of products into my website, I find myself stuck here. 

Basicly, in my advanced search I can search through default attributes as well as custom attributes I enabled myself. I want to make a search form for these custom attributes on the main page, ALSO right now they're on a dropdown (500+ values), how would I reconfigure the dropdown to become an input list and inside this input list a datalist with all the options being the values of the custom attributes.

So first: I am trying to create a new search form for my custom attributes (which are in a dropdown at the moment) with the help of the existing default advanced form. I have created a static CMS block and a widget too, how do I approach the development of this?

Second, the custom attributes can either be searched by "Dropdown, Visual Swatch and Text Swatch". How can I make the values of a custom attribute be displayed as options inside a datalist which is inside an input list?

I apologize if anything is dumb, but Magento 2 is pretty complex itself and I'd rather ask a stupid question and find out the answer from a professional, than keep being stupid myself.

Thanks in advance!