cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3 Order Status does not (can't be) updated

Magento 2.3 Order Status does not (can't be) updated

We may have an unique issue, and I cannot figure out why, or what we are missing. The order status on our orders does not update.

We cannot manually update them (empty dropdown box for status).

When processing an order (invoicing, taking payment etc.) status remains empty.

When I go to Stores > Order Status, I cannot edit the different statuses.

Fairly fresh 2.3 install, with only 24 orders in the system.

Connected to Braintree payments, which works well, but could be related to this issue??

Thanks for any tips or hints!

Order Status columns empty and cannot be modifiedOrder Status columns empty and cannot be modifiedOrders show blank column for order statusOrders show blank column for order statusIndividual order has no (is empty) dropdown for statusIndividual order has no (is empty) dropdown for status

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Magento 2.3 Order Status does not (can't be) updated

I think that the issue is caused by a specific extension. Try disabling all the extensions. Then activate them one by one to find the defective one. You will have to replace the problematic extension with a good alternative. 

Will try and post results! Thank you Smiley Happy

Disabled most modules (had not that many) and problem remains, order status does not update, nor can it be updated by using drop downs. It simply remains empty. 

We have found out that customers who successfully login to their account can see their personal information (address etc), their wishlist, but their orders do not show up. In fact, it says that they have not placed any orders.

Would this be related?

I disabled most modules, and I am at a loss.

As a last resort (or quick fix), can I reinstall magento 2.3 and keep my old database (which contains 10K products and a small amount of orders?

Hi, we appear to have the same issue...was there a solution to this?  In Magento 1 it was fairly easy to click on the Get Payment Status or something along these lines and the Order status would update for an order that was in Suspected Fraud status.

Thanks,

Ed

Hello @neil_minitrix 

It looks like something is wrong with your database table please verify and try to compare with fresh Magento setup database tables mostly with status-related.

If it helps give me kudos and accept as solution

Hi @neil_minitrix 

Have you fix the issue? If yes, how to fix?

I encounter this issue too.

Thank you.

Regards,

kf

Hello Team,

We experience same issue where few orders stuck in status "Pending" but when we go to change the status from order grid dropdown it stays as an "Empty" and nothing can be done.

Regards,

Milen VelinovCapture.PNG We also have tried to submit new comment system returned the following error:

Capture 2.PNG

Regards,

Milen Velinov

Hello,

You need to check into this way.

1. Kindly check the magento log file when you try to open the order page into magento admin.
Is there any error show on report? Then try to resolve that error.

2. Also check the consol, is there any error there? then also try to resolve that one.

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!