cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2.3.x CE Payment Gateway Interface Redirects to External PSP Window/Endpoint

Magento 2.3.x CE Payment Gateway Interface Redirects to External PSP Window/Endpoint

Hi All,
I'm a newbie in Magento, currently trying to customise/create new payment gateway interface for a CE version 2.3.x setup.
I've tried referring to the devdocs, used the famous Sample module project as a guide, and also checked multiple forums, but no dice.
Sometimes I got myself confused the more I checked.
I wonder if I'm missing something.

Basically in my case, the gateway's interface is simple, upon placeOrder, that button should POST relevant data to a URL (a payment window by the Payment Service Provider or "PSP"). Consumers will pay using that window, and upon success (or failure), that PSP window will redirect back to a page of our choice, with the success/failure status.

From the sample files, the eventual button will call the placeOrder command. I believe that is for the "Authorise" action.
Doing some research, I understand that the action to use should be "Authorise and Capture" for my case, as opposed to "Authorise" only.

So, from here, where do we customise/overload/override this command so that it can redirect to that desired PSP's payment window?

Thanks in advanced!