cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 - Add custom CSS

Magento 2 - Add custom CSS

I working with a pre-built theme from argentotheme.com.  It is the argento-stripes theme.  The theme is installed in the /vendor/swissup/theme-frontend-argento-stripes folder.  I am trying to add custom CSS.  I have been able to add a custom css file under the theme folders.  However, I really don't want that in case the theme gets updated, etc.  Therefore, I am attempting to add the custom css under the /app folder structure.  I created the same folders (/app/design/frontend/Swissup/theme-frontend-argento-stripes/web/css) for the css file and created the same default_head_blocks.html in the (/app/design/frontend/Swissup/theme-frontend-argento-stripes/Magento_Theme/layout) folder to include the css file.  However, the css file never gets included on the site.

Any help in figuring out what is wrong would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 - Add custom CSS

Hi,

You should include your HTML file(default_head_blocks.html) in the (/app/design/frontend/Swissup/theme-frontend-argento-stripes/Magento_Theme/template) folder to include the css file.

Thanks

Re: Magento 2 - Add custom CSS

Hello @ubcomputers 

The correct approach is always to create your own custom theme which will be child of your purchased theme, put your theme inside app/design/frontend and extend those files with same folder path.

Benefits :

1. your custom work will not mis-match with theme.

2. in-case you want to check or change the actual theme design, you can simply switch to your purchased theme.

Hope it helps !

Problem Solved ? Click on 'Kudos' & Accept as Solution ! Smiley Happy