cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 checkout error: payment-information REST API being “canceled”

Magento 2 checkout error: payment-information REST API being “canceled”

Our Magento 2.2.8 store is having issues at checkout recently. We are using the Magento 2 Authorize.net extension for our payment gateway.

Our issue is when a customer checks out and we watch the network tab of the inspector, the REST API call for "payment-information" is being 'canceled.' The endpoint its trying to reach is "https://domain-name.com/rest/default/V1/carts/mine/payment-information." Once this XHR call is canceled, the page attempts to reload the onepage checkout but throws an error and says "cartId is a required field."

Even though the page throws an error, the order is fully placed and goes into processing. Authorize.net is reached, the confirmation email is sent, and the order appears in the dashboard.

I believe the "cartId is a required field" error appears because the 'cartId' is no longer valid since that cartId's order has already been completed but the page refresh is looking for the same data to display.

My question is, why is "payment-information" being canceled? The few times an order has gone through without an error, "payment-information" was not canceled so I feel this is the root issue of our checkout problem, not so much the "cartId is a required field" error.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento 2 checkout error: payment-information REST API being “canceled”

Hi @fjorgedigital 

I already answered for a question here. Check if your integration with authorize.net support all these conditions. Or let me know if you already have these points configured at your end.

I hope it will help you.

Thanks
--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Re: Magento 2 checkout error: payment-information REST API being “canceled”

Hey @PankajS_Magento 

Thanks for sharing your tips, but it looks like our issues are with Magento 2 core more so than Authorize.net. All our orders are reaching Authorize.net and are getting valid transaction ID's but the customer's front-end workflow is running into an error after hitting 'place order.'

Looks like Magento 2 dev team may be working on this, but we are still open to any workarounds or solutions in the meantime. 
https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/7299