cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 "devbox": Is it waist of time! Please help!!!!

SOLVED

Magento 2 "devbox": Is it waist of time! Please help!!!!

I have installed the Magento 2 devbox in my Sierra OSX machine. The Magento 2 website came up when I entered the url from Terminal after installation had been completed. My problem is that after rebooting the machine I can not access to the Magento 2 store-front again. I wrote down the url that was shown after installation. Strange thing is, that I can run unit tests and other command line commands. 

I have read all the documentation about devbox in Magento documentation page!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento 2 "devbox": Is it waist of time! Please help!!!!

This forum is so great - you only answer your questions yourself. So my experiences with devbox maybe they would save some time of other users.

1. In case when ports are not set fixed before running installation script (Magento2 documentation). You have to run 

./m2devbox-reset.sh at every restart. Otherwise the page has no images and Chrome Inspect shows that css files are not loaded - that should be nice addition to documentation (what happens when ports are switched, what problem m2devbox-reset.sh file solves ). magento sudo:upgrade is not helping in that case and other solution in web only confuses.

2. Some how m2devbox-debug.sh hangs after

Warning: Permanently added 'url' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.

running the command from Terminal I removed -N and all was fine.

3. In mac .composer/auth.json  file must have writing permissions otherwise error shows, when running m2devbox-init.sh.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Magento 2 "devbox": Is it waist of time! Please help!!!!

This forum is so great - you only answer your questions yourself. So my experiences with devbox maybe they would save some time of other users.

1. In case when ports are not set fixed before running installation script (Magento2 documentation). You have to run 

./m2devbox-reset.sh at every restart. Otherwise the page has no images and Chrome Inspect shows that css files are not loaded - that should be nice addition to documentation (what happens when ports are switched, what problem m2devbox-reset.sh file solves ). magento sudo:upgrade is not helping in that case and other solution in web only confuses.

2. Some how m2devbox-debug.sh hangs after

Warning: Permanently added 'url' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.

running the command from Terminal I removed -N and all was fine.

3. In mac .composer/auth.json  file must have writing permissions otherwise error shows, when running m2devbox-init.sh.