cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 add option to catalog product list widget

Magento2 add option to catalog product list widget

What is the best way to add additional option with targeted template to catalog product list widget ?

template.JPG

There is already template called "Products Grid Template" linked to

Magento_CatalogWidget::product/widget/content/grid.phtml

i want to add additional template called "List without button" and that will be linked to this template

Magento_CatalogWidget::product/widget/content/without_button.phtml

I can create without_button.phtml and can put it into this path

/app/design/frontend/vendor/theme/Magento_CatalogWidget/templates/product/widget/content/without_button.phtml

However how to override the widgets.xml file. I can make changes to vendor folder however it is not a good practice to change default value of magento, so is their any easy way to achieve it or i will have to create custom module for that ?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Magento2 add option to catalog product list widget

Wonder if anyone knows how to do this, I have added a Catalog Products List widget to a block in Magento 2 that is filtered to show products that have a specific attribute. On the frontend they come out in a what seems random price order, is there any way to easily make them ordered Low to High? krogereschedule

Thanks for that excuse an awful lot for the make acknowledged you get. I subsequent on your say and all you component long gone us is acquainted and quite informative, i would behind to bookmark the web page so i'm able to arrive right here anew to gate you, as you have got over and ended surrounded by way of a extremely good process. Greatpeople me

Thanks for that excuse an awful lot for the make acknowledged you get. I subsequent on your say and all you component long gone us is acquainted and quite informative, i would behind to bookmark the web page so i'm able to arrive right here anew to gate you, as you have got over and ended surrounded by way of a extremely good process. Feed Kroger Login

Hey, it is good to see the Angelfire on the Facebook, making its outreach on the largest Social media platform. Heartily appreciated the way you did this. Keep it up! greatpeople-me.website

Great! I think I have the same opinion with you. Although many people say that it's not right, but I will keep my opinion.Costco Ess Login

The vast majority of ecommerce stores you visit will have areas of their category and product pages dedicated to showcasing new products, MyCentura Health best-sellers and featured product categories. PaybyPlate Ma

@mr_bukhari wrote:

What is the best way to add additional option with targeted template to catalog product list widget ?

template.JPG

i want to add additional template called "List without button" and that will be linked to this template

/app/design/frontend/vendor/theme/Magento_CatalogWidget/Belize Real Estate/product/widget/content/without_button.phtml

However how to override the widgets.xml file. I can make changes to vendor folder however it is not a good practice to change default value of magento, so is their any easy way to achieve it or i will have to create custom module for that ?

Is this all feature can i apply on wordpress without any plugins? Or can i possible to trasnfer all data from wordpress to magento without data lose.

@mr_bukhari wrote:

template.JPG

/app/design/frontend/vendor/theme/Magento_CatalogWidget/templates/product/widget/content/without_button.phtml

To add an option to the catalog product list widget in Magento 2, you can follow these steps:

1. Create a custom module: Create a custom module in Magento 2 to add the new option to the catalog product list widget. You can use the Magento 2 Developer Documentation to learn how to create a custom module.

2. Override the widget template: Override the widget template file in your custom module to add the new option to the catalog product list widget. You can override the template file by creating a new file in your custom module's directory and copying the contents of the original template file into it. Then, modify the template file to add the new option.

3. Add the new option to the widget configuration: Add the new option to the widget configuration in your custom module. This can be done by modifying the widget.xml file in your custom module's directory. Add the new option to the "options" section of the widget configuration.

4. Update the widget instance: Update the widget instance in your Magento 2 store to include the new option. This can be done by navigating to the widget instance in the Magento 2 admin panel and selecting the new option from the dropdown menu.

By following these steps, you can add a new option to the catalog product list widget in Magento 2. This can be useful for customizing the widget to meet your specific needs or the needs of your customers.  GMGlobalConnect

Looking for guidance on Magento 2. I've included a Catalog Products List widget in a block, aiming to display attribute-specific products.