cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making products purchasable to "certified" users only

Making products purchasable to "certified" users only

Hi all,

We are a B2B cosmetics wholesaler and new to Magento - about 1 months ahead of launch date. We'll be running Commerce Cloud Pro 2.4.2. 

We're looking for a functionality/extension that allows us to make certain products purchasable for certain customers only. 

We want to show all products to everyone but for restricted items 

a) don't display the price and

b) replace the "add to cart" CTA with a "Certification required - click here" CTA* and link that to a landing page.

*) could also be just a note saying "Call +12345678 to get certified" if that makes it easier

Extra challenge is that multiple combinations are possible:

Customer A can purchase product X - not Y, Z

Customer B can purchase product X, Y - not Z

Customer C can purchase product X, Z - not Y

Customer D can purchase product X, Y, Z

My assumption is that the items need an attribute "restriction X", "restriction Y" etc. and the customers the corresponding "approved for X", "approved for Y" etc.

Is that possible with Magento out of the box or is there an extension for that? Any suggestion is highly appreciated Smiley Happy

Thanks & king regards

Benjamin

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Making products purchasable to "certified" users only

Hello @bscinsighteabd,

As far as we know, the majority of extensions allow achieving the required functionality for customer groups only but not a customer. Would such a solution work for you?

Hi @Mageworx Team 

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid this will not solve it. We do use customer groups to separate B2B from B2C products but our challenge is more complex.

We have around 10 brands that you can only buy if your are "certified" (you need to attend a brand-specific class), and every customer can get certified for any random selection of those 10. So we needed countless customer groups...

Any other idea how to solve it?

Hello @bscinsighteabd,

We can customize it for you, i.e., add the possibility to select customers for each product.

For more details, please contact our support team at support@mageworx.com.