cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

I have a very old store that has been through hell, it's basically held together with duct tape. It started life as magento 1.7 then went through upgrades, dozens of extensions installed and uninstalled, custom templates that add "tools" to the magento backend. I made a copy on a development server and tried to upgrade it to 2.2 or 2.3 version of magento with no luck.

Now I'm trying something new. I installed a brand new version of Magento 2.3.3 on the development server, and I'd like to bring in my customer data, my orders, and my products into it. I'm going to be making a new theme, and I'm fine with reconfiguring everything from scratch. I'd just like to keep the close to 10 years of customer info and products.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Migrating basic data from Magento 2.1.15 to 2.3.3

Hi @carterjohn11_ca ,

I highly recommend you to use an automated data migration tool which saves a lot of time, money and effort. This tool can transfer all your data such as products, customers, orders,.. from your old store on Magento to the new one on the latest Magento version. Besides, it also offers a number of additional options so that you could easily choose which one you need for your migration: 

• Clear Data On Target Store Before Migration
  • Preserve Order IDs
  • Create The 301 Redirects
  • Migrate Customers Password
  • SEO URLs Migration
  • Preserve Customer IDs
  • Strip HTML tags
  • Migrate Additional Images
  • Preserve Product IDs

If you are still considering about this data migration service, it provides demo for free so that you can run a demo to preview how it works and how your data is managed on your target store, before making the final decision. Hope this helps!