cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from 1 to magento 2

Migration from 1 to magento 2

I am trying to migrate a magento 1 to magento 2.

Both database are on my local system.

When I run the migration tool I don't get any error messages but when I check the products in the magento 2 database, I see nothing in it.

I get the following output on the command line:

bin/magento migrate:settings --reset /var/www/mtest/magento2/migration/config.xml 
Reset the current position of migration to start from the beginning

[2019-01-16 10:25:43][INFO][mode: settings][stage: integrity check][step: Settings Step]: started
100% [============================] Remaining Time: < 1 sec
[2019-01-16 10:25:43][INFO][mode: settings][stage: integrity check][step: Stores Step]: started
[2019-01-16 10:25:43][INFO][mode: settings][stage: data migration][step: Settings Step]: started
[2019-01-16 10:25:45][INFO][mode: settings][stage: data migration][step: Stores Step]: started
[2019-01-16 10:25:45][INFO][mode: settings][stage: volume check][step: Stores Step]: started
[2019-01-16 10:25:45][INFO][mode: settings][stage: volume check][step: Stores Step]: Migration completed

Here you can find my settings.xml file, didn't really change much of the default file, except crypt_key and the database info for both installations. I am sure the databases are configured correctly, if I change the password into something wrong I get an error so it works like expected.

Do I need to make modifications to other files to make it migrate products/customers or is there something else I am missing?

Thank you for the help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Migration from 1 to magento 2

Why you don't use Automated migration service from Magento 1 to Magento 2,
I mean the Next-Cart service : Magento to Magento migration tool

It will make everything easy and fast, your data (categories, products, images, orders, customers...) will be protected not loss or duplication.

I had a great experience when using this service.

Re: Migration from 1 to magento 2

Hi @koen_eelen 

You can follow following steps for M1 to M2 Migration.

I will suggest to data migration first after fresh setup of magento2. And test the website first with magento default behaviour. You can follow magento 2 data migration tool for data:
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/migration/migration-tool-install.html

Then third party extensions and migrate data on these extension.

Then custom code modules.

Then install custom theme and apply css.

For more info you can follow magento2 dev docs..
https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/migration/migration-plan.html

FOR MORE INFO FOR DATA MIGRATION
you can follow below link:
https://www.vtnetzwelt.com/ecommerce-blog/magento-development-blog/magento-migration-process/

I hope it will help you!