cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help! Is data loss common in Magento?

Please help! Is data loss common in Magento?

Hey! I work at Rewind, a daily automated backup solution for business-critical web apps like Shopify, BigCommerce, Mailchimp, and QBO. I'm hoping that someone could shed some light on data loss in Magento. Is it common? Would you be interested in installing a backup solution for Magento so you could restore your account back to a previous point in time if you made a mistake?

If anyone is able to share any insight about data loss in Magento, your current backup methods, etc. I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Please help! Is data loss common in Magento?

Hello @tomnicfernas_to 

Data loss is a nightmare, whenever it happens.

Magento 2 has already built-in backup facility if a merchant has configured to take scheduled backup.

Also, Some of the Hosting companies also keep backup of the last 7 days for example.

Magento Commerce Cloud I think they also have some sort of backup feature already, not completely sure.

But general cloud users can be your customers if they don't have any backup plan externally.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi @tomnicfernas_to 

Data loss generally not happen in magento unless and untill you have tried some commands due which data got deleted or you have mistakenly delete the data from database.

If you feel there is data loss happen on your server there are many extensions on market place which are they to create a backup of your magento code periodically or after some time which you can select from its settings.

If you have a loss related to database then in that case you can check with your hosting server providers, they can create crons on your server which can backup the data regularly.

I think this is all, if you stuck do let me know.

Thanks

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution".

Magento stores 99% of it's data in the database

the Rest is
pub/media folder (images) and

app/code folder (third party extensions)
app/design folder (templates)

It is not uncommon to do something stupid like bulk delete or something similar. But there's a plenty of options of database backups even within the magento admin panel (assuming its been setup correctly).

These would probably rollyou back a day or so, so a lot of work can be lost.