Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with attribute filters

SOLVED

Problem with attribute filters

Magento 2.1.0, own theme based on Luma

Hello everybody,

I configured product attributes correctly and was surprised that the attribute filters were only displayed on the category pages in the sidebar, but not on the home page. I then found a solution and placed the following code in the file default.xml (/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml) within the folder structure of my theme:

<referenceContainer name = "sidebar.additional">
  <block class = "Magento \ LayeredNavigation \ Block \ Navigation \ Category" name = "catalog.leftnav" before = "-" template = "layer / view.phtml">
    <block class = "Magento \ LayeredNavigation \ Block \ Navigation \ State" name = "catalog.navigation.state" as = "state" />
    <block class = "Magento \ LayeredNavigation \ Block \ Navigation \ FilterRenderer" name = "catalog.navigation.renderer" as = "renderer" template = "layer / filter.phtml" />
  </block>
</referenceContainer>

Since then I have had the attribute filter on the home page, but when you click a filter, the products are not filtered even though the URL appears to be correct: /index.php/?cpu_units=13.
On the category pages, where it works, the URL is, for example /index.php/server.html?cpu_units=13.

Does anyone have a tip where I would have to change something so that the filters work?
Thank you for any feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with attribute filters

I found a solution by adding this code to my default.xml:

<referenceContainer name="content">
    <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Product\ListProduct" name="category.products.list" as="product_list" template="Magento_Catalog::product/list.phtml">
        <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\RendererList" name="category.product.type.details.renderers" as="details.renderers">
            <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template" as="default"/>
        </block>
        <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Product\ProductList\Toolbar" name="product_list_toolbar" template="Magento_Catalog::product/list/toolbar.phtml">
            <block class="Magento\Theme\Block\Html\Pager" name="product_list_toolbar_pager"/>
        </block>
        <action method="setToolbarBlockName">
            <argument name="name" xsi:type="string">product_list_toolbar</argument>
        </action>
    </block>
</referenceContainer>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Problem with attribute filters

I found a solution by adding this code to my default.xml:

<referenceContainer name="content">
    <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Product\ListProduct" name="category.products.list" as="product_list" template="Magento_Catalog::product/list.phtml">
        <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\RendererList" name="category.product.type.details.renderers" as="details.renderers">
            <block class="Magento\Framework\View\Element\Template" as="default"/>
        </block>
        <block class="Magento\Catalog\Block\Product\ProductList\Toolbar" name="product_list_toolbar" template="Magento_Catalog::product/list/toolbar.phtml">
            <block class="Magento\Theme\Block\Html\Pager" name="product_list_toolbar_pager"/>
        </block>
        <action method="setToolbarBlockName">
            <argument name="name" xsi:type="string">product_list_toolbar</argument>
        </action>
    </block>
</referenceContainer>