cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search on sales data rather than attributes using layered navigation

Search on sales data rather than attributes using layered navigation

I am looking for a solution which will allow my users to search for skus based on sales data rather than product attributes using layered navigation (or something which looks similar).

I sell products on an exclusive basis to overseas distributors and if the product has already been sold in a region previously then it will not be available until a date in the future when it can be sold again exclusively in that region.

As such I need the website to allow the user to search for skus which are available for certain regions based on previously stored sales data.

Are there any extensions which any-one knows of that will allow me to search on sales data rather than attributes?

If not, does any-one know a solution to do this?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Search on sales data rather than attributes using layered navigation

Hi @preveo 

I understand the scenario which you are trying to achieve over here.

My suggestion is as per following 

1. First is you can do customization based on the quantity limit - meaning for any product you can always find the quantity limit which you have set from the backend once this limit reachs to the define quantity limit you can disable that products or change its visibility scope by progrmatically so it will not showcase to customers and you can even disable from search as well. But yes you will require to create custom module for this
  2. If your product is dependent on date let's say on a specific date it will not allow to sale in that specific region then i think you can create a new two custom product attributes start date and end date of that product and once end date comes you can disable that product so that custom can not search and purchase it

I have just shared my suggestion/opinion based on the reading the requirement which is shared by you - correct me if i understood something not correctly i am glad to help you further.

Hope it helps !

One thing which is i am doubt why you would like to use sales order data based search ?

I

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution