cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Production/Switching Sites

Setting up Production/Switching Sites

I've found myself in a more senior role than I've been in previously and was just hoping for some advice. I'm really just wondering how people handle setting up production and at what point that process starts?

I was kind of left a mess by the developer who set our current site up and I've come to the conclusion it's probably best to just start over rather than trying to fix everything on the current one. Previous developer was directly editing third party modules and has REST API calls from template files, so I'd rather not have to search around for everything they changed.

Anyway, I just set up a new development environment so we can start a new site on 2.4. I'd like to get a staging site up and I was curious if now is the time to set up production too so we can get a nice workflow going and have it working correctly early on? I guess I'm really interested about the best way to switch over the old site to the new one when the time comes.

I know this stuff isn't necessarily Magento specific, I was just hoping for advice or things that I could be missing before proceeding with my plan.