cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorting by category?

Sorting by category?

Hi!

I've been looking into sorting products in a catalog by category. Basically, I have multiple collections of shoes. Some for summer, some for winter. But when people view my catalog I want them to see the winter shoes in my catalog first.

I've been looking around but the only thing I found was the Position sorting function. It doesn't achieve omegleshagle the same thing because I have to do it for every category. Is sorting 'automatically' by category really a Magento premium-only feature?

A license for Magento 2 is way above my budget. Does anybody know an extension that achieves the same thing? Only sorting extensions I find are for sorting by price, review, new arrivals etc.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Re: Sorting by category?

Hello @jdy049872g04c7 

There is no default shorting option available in the Magento where you can short your products by category. but you can achieve this by the below settings.

Prepare one attribute and add the attribute values as per our category. 

then select this shorting option from the advance attribute option you will get the attribute on the shorting option on the front side of every category. 

Make attribute all as default filter as per your requirement.

The second option is to fire the query in the database for the product position.

If you get the solution then please, "Kudos" and "Accept as Solution" for Token of Appreciation