cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was / Now prices display

Was / Now prices display

We are considering some development that will allow our discounted products to show the "was" price next to the discounted / "now" price. Initial research has proven this to be tricky to get right. Has anyone attempted this type of customisation?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Was / Now prices display

Hello @lowis_coetzee 

All you have to do is set the "special price" from the backend for the product.

Steps to follow:

• Login to admin panel
  • Navigate to Catalog > Products
  • Edit the product for which you want to show the discounted price or special price
  • The "was" price, i.e., the original price of the product is set in the "Price" field.
  • Click on "Advanced Pricing"
  • Set the "now" discounted price in the "Special Price" field as shown here - https://drops.meetanshi.com/bBexHC
  • Save the Configuration.

The frontend displays both the price as per your requirement - https://drops.meetanshi.com/eNnwSO

Do let me know if you have any doubts further.

Hope it helps.

---
If you've found my answer useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"

Thank you. 

Would this apply to the relevant products on the category pages? Photo example attached.

Thanks
Capture.JPG

Hi @lowis_coetzee 

I have custom solution for this. You can add below code in file final_price.phtml.

You can copy this file from vendor/magento/module-configurable-product/view/base/templates/product/price/final_price.phtml to your theme.

Here is the code:

<?php if ($block->hasSpecialPrice()): ?>
<span class="old-price">
<?php /* @escapeNotVerified */ echo $block->renderAmount($priceModel->getAmount(), [
'display_label' => __('Regular Price'),
'price_id' => $block->getPriceId('product-price-' . $idSuffix),
'price_type' => 'oldPrice',
'include_container' => true,
'skip_adjustments' => true
]); ?>
</span>
<?php endif; ?>

I hope it will help you.

Thanks

---
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give"Kudos" and "Accept as Solution"