cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help me,please

help me,please

I am trying to save a product after updating the price via a new module in admin. I can update and view the prices from the page, but saving always results in empty admin screen, (no data other than page tile is renedered) if I remove the save function from the chain on the template page everything works as expected. Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated. I have included what I believe to be the relevant code below including how far I can trace the error below.

I have followed the code through "Magento\Framework\Model\ResourceModel\Db\AbstractDB::updateObject()" which reports the data is saving, I havent figured out how to debug getConnection()->update() yet. But all I get on screen is the white page when ever I include save in the chain. I am under the assumption that because the abstract db model shows the error_log after it updates the connection that this is not causing the page to error out?

1 REPLY 1

Re: help me,please

@marse_eath  I understand when you save a product after updating the price it shows a blank page with the page title. I suggest you to use event = "catalog_product_save_after" and create an observer and in that update the product of your own so that there will no page break up. I think you are using "Magento\Framework\Model\ResourceModel\Db\AbstractDB::updateObject()" for updating the product object and you want to figured out how to debug getConnection()->update(). So, debugging and working around all these it makes but complex so I suggest you to use event and using the observer you can change your data and then you can see the page without blank.

Please let me know if my solution works or am i missing something of your issue.