cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 Error out of nowhere

SOLVED

500 Error out of nowhere

I need help. I've now spent over 30 hours troubleshooting this and gotten nowhere. I have a VPS that's now giving me 500 error on my Magento CE 2.2.7 install. I have no idea where to go now. My apache error log is showing nothing. I've tried different .htaccess files/removed it. 

I'm not sure what caused this. I made no changes to the site or the server. I tried a backup and that's not working either. Advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: 500 Error out of nowhere

Finally got the site back up! Not sure exactly what did it. For some reason a few of my PHP extensions were disabled. I believe that may have been it. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @kyle_dammen,

If you're getting an error 500 you should be able to get some information into the Magento logs, located on (I'm assuming a standard Apache installation):

/var/www/html/

If that's your root directory, inside /var/www/html/var/log you'll see the Magento logs. Check into those files.

Also, your Apache error.log should be showing some information if the error is 500. 

Is any public URL you can share to see if something is visible?

Finally got the site back up! Not sure exactly what did it. For some reason a few of my PHP extensions were disabled. I believe that may have been it.