cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my Cached Images being Created Elseh where?

Are my Cached Images being Created Elseh where?

Hi Guys

I've got a M2 2.4.5 site, that over the last week it has been continually crashing due to disk space running out.

I have been removing old files etc and clearing logs and have been able to bring the site back online I then clear the cache and everything seems fine for a day or so before the space issue happens again.

When my host looks at the folder breakdown they can see the biggest overall folder is 

/var/www/vhosts/sitename/htdocs/pub/media/catalog/product/image

When I go into this, it looks like this folder is holding cached images, it started creating folders from the 22nd Dec and adding 1 x single image which is the product title, the same way it would do for cached images. 

Has anyone come across this before? When I manually clear cache via the backend of the site, should these folders and files also be wiped? if not do you think I should FTP and manually delete?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Are my Cached Images being Created Elseh where?

IMG-20240111-WA0009.jpg

Re: Are my Cached Images being Created Elseh where?

this was sent to me by my developers when discussing the issue, but they don't at present know what is going on or how to fix it.

I was thinking about just deleting that Magefan_blog directory as I assume this is where the problem is coming from, but is this safe to try you think?