cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks missing after enabling flat tables

Blocks missing after enabling flat tables

Hello, 

I have a home page with a series of blocks that contain widgets for filtering and displaying products. They were working as expected until I took the following steps: 

- Enabled flat categories and products
- Merged and minified CSS and Java

We could not fix the problem, but we did find the following: 

==> var/log/system.log <==
[2016-11-05 15:43:54] main.CRITICAL: Broken reference: No element found with ID 'main'. [] []
[2016-11-05 15:43:54] main.CRITICAL: Broken reference: No element found with ID 'main'. [] []

and

Reviewing the exception log, this appears to relate to the /vendor/magento/module-cms/Block/Widget/Block.php

Next Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'e.color' in 'where clause', query was: SELECT COUNT(DISTINCT e.entity_id) FROM `catalog_product_flat_1` AS `e`
INNER JOIN `catalog_category_product_index` AS `cat_index` ON cat_index.product_id=e.entity_id AND cat_index.store_id='1' AND cat_index.visibility IN(2, 4) AND cat_index.category_id='2'
INNER JOIN `catalog_product_index_price` AS `price_index` ON price_index.entity_id = e.entity_id AND price_index.website_id = '1' AND price_index.customer_group_id = 0
INNER JOIN `cataloginventory_stock_status` AS `stock_status_index` ON e.entity_id = stock_status_index.product_id AND stock_status_index.website_id = 0 AND stock_status_index.stock_id = 1 WHERE (((IFNULL(`e`.`color`, 0) = '368') )) AND (stock_status_index.stock_status = 1) in /chroot/home/thegames/thegamestork.com/html/vendor/magento/zendframework1/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php:235
Stack trace:

There were two blocks that were not working as expected. In one, I fixed the problem because I realized that only attributed marked as visible on the front end get added to the flat table. 

But the other missing block keeps producing the following (on the frontend): 

We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this email.

I have no idea why this is happening.