cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Braintree Payment Issues with Magento 2.3.4 - Payment Taken But I Never Receive It

Braintree Payment Issues with Magento 2.3.4 - Payment Taken But I Never Receive It

Hi Guys

I've been having daily failed orders with My Magento 2.3.4 install since it 1st went live in Jan 2021. Intermittently customers are telling me that after they enter their Credit Card Details, the page goes to the bank for authorization which they grant, then it comes back to the checkout page but freezes with a swirly icon appearing that never stops. When they check their bank it shows up as a pending payment. Which never clears and eventually and eventually get's cancelled.

What also seems to happen in some occasions is the order fails and I get an failure email which has the following message:

"Postal code can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, and hyphens. Postal code can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, and hyphens. Postal code can only contain letters, numbers, spaces, and hyphens."

And when I look at the payment failure it is **bleep** field. Which the customer never entered. 

Has anyone come across this behaviour before? If so how was it resolved?