cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install extension from older version magento on new version?

SOLVED

Can I install extension from older version magento on new version?

I wonder if it is possible to install extension from for older version Magento 2 on newer version of Magento..

E.g. Can I install Absolute Theme Community version for Magento 2.2

on Magento version 2.3 ?

If yes how to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I install extension from older version magento on new version?

@jan_zaczynski  With my experience a simple answer is you must not. It is doable but you must not do it unless you are sure that those extension / module are compatible with the latest version of Magento.

There are various changes/updates in recent version of Magento that is from M2.0.x, M2.1.x,  M2.2.x and M2.3.0 and module / extension may not be compatible with the different version.

My recommendation would be to confirm it from the Extension provider first and then proceed.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @jan_zaczynski 

it depends on the code.

if they are using such a class that is removed from or add a new construct into core class that ovveride by our module

hope it will help you

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

@jan_zaczynski  With my experience a simple answer is you must not. It is doable but you must not do it unless you are sure that those extension / module are compatible with the latest version of Magento.

There are various changes/updates in recent version of Magento that is from M2.0.x, M2.1.x,  M2.2.x and M2.3.0 and module / extension may not be compatible with the different version.

My recommendation would be to confirm it from the Extension provider first and then proceed.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.