cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not choose ElasticSearch8 in Magento 2.4.7

Can not choose ElasticSearch8 in Magento 2.4.7

Hello,

i can't choose ElasticSearch 8 in Magento 2.4.7 after upgrade from version 2.4.6

I have the data for ES8 but cannot enter it in the backend because the selection point is missing. When I enter the data under ES7 (deprecated), there is an error with reindex (which is understandable).
When I display the version of module-elasticsearch in the console, it says elasticsearch/elasticsearch ~7.17.0 || ~8.5.0

So ES8 should be selectable, right?

What can I do to make ES8 selectable in the search engines in the backend?
m2_choose_es.jpg

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Can not choose ElasticSearch8 in Magento 2.4.7

Elasticsearch is not oficially supported by Magento because of the change in their Licensing. You should switch to openSearch which will be supported by Magento in the future.

lease have a look here: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/commerce-operations/installation-guide/system-requirement...

Magento Certified Developer - Deutsch, nederlands, english - 10+ years of Experience
www.vndl.me

Thank you for your reply.
Is it still possible to use ES8 at the moment? Is OpenSearch similar to ElasticSearch?

When I click on "Commerce vor Ort", ES8 is displayed as an option.

elasticsearch8.jpg

No. ES8 was never and will not be supported by Magento.
In theorie it could be possible that a 3rd party developed a extension to support ES8, but I highly doubt that someone would do that.

Opensearch works good and uses the standard Apache Open Source License.

Why do you want to use ES8 instead?

Magento Certified Developer - Deutsch, nederlands, english - 10+ years of Experience
www.vndl.me